- Familiarizing Yourself with Your New Workplace and City. - Move in and buy stuff
- Search for gym/canteen
- good food for celebration/lowering weight food
- Car driving license
- Start meeting with "Boss"
- Beautify my home
- Monitor x2
- Up&down desk
- Finalize the decision on RAship TAship time for each week. - Apple watch required
- Currently TA for CSE12(Assembly& System) the first semester.
- Plan to Handle coursework.
CSE211 PL(Not selectable for the requirement of CSE210)
CSE231 OS(Possibly be dropped)
CSE280 Seminar of OS talks (weekly meeting)
Daily basis Ph.D.
- Plan time with flexibility - sort of DDL prioritized queue
- teaching (if you are a TA)9 • class preparation (if you are a TA)
- assist your promotor with smaller research tasks (if you are an RA)10
- dissertation research
- writing papers
- reading papers / keeping up with the output in your field
- responsibilities in your research group (such as organizing PhD student research meetings)
- service on committees and other regular meetings, inside or outside of your institution
- office hours
- time to reply to e-mails
- administration time
- Frequently report to "Boss"
- Experiment process
Make Friends in Lab
- Technical English
- Write a lot
- Intro->Literature Review->Arch->Experiment->Result
Blogs for more explosure
- Rejections and dissertions
- Next Submission
Surviving the Defense day
A Ph.D. is there