Today, after listening to the latest pre-CXL work of RDMA like carbink, AIFM, compucache, infiniswap, fastswap, memliner/ clover, dinomo/ RACE Hashing, sherman, fusee. I'm wondering much disaggregated memory has been deployed on the RNIC manner.
We will be weighing implementation ideas from research papers versus 3 critical requirements of Remoteable Pointers
- Must work from the source as pointers even when the memory is far (requires zero implementation in CXL for the most part)
- Must work at the device for offloading pointer chasing to CXL memory device or pre-CXL memory node
- Must work at newly started compute without the friction of serialization-deserialization for independent scaling of memory and compute
Is Phantom address a good solution?
Is wasm a good solution?
- InfiniFilter: Expanding Filters to Infinity and Beyond @SIGMOD'23
- Sherman: A Write-Optimized Distributed B+Tree Index on Disaggregated Memory @SIGMOD'22